Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fertility & Sex


{blog hop linky}



When I was breastfeeding Chayden for 2 years,  I never got a wonderful cycle.  She never arrived.  In that sense,  I feel like I never ovulated.  We could possibly have had unprotected sex and not get pregnant, but that never happened since I went & got the paraguard IUD ... which everybody states that it gives your terrible cramps, yadda yadda yadda .... I got lucky enough I suppose to not experience that.  YAY!!!
I do however, think about often how either the IUD or breastfeeding ... effected our intimate lives behind closed doors. Yes, our sex life.  It was um ... never there?  We didn't enjoy each other.  Maybe because we were a very young couple as parents & scared?  I don't know.  But our sex life was non-existent.  Did breastfeeding hormones take away my sex drive? Did the IUD take away my sex drive?  

Now, here we go with Colton.  4 1/2 years later.  Fully breastfed (except for veggies at dinner time), same IUD in place, my cycle HAS returned.  Its a different story this time around.  Oh yes. The cramps.  YIKES!!! But, my sex drive with my husband is there.  I don't know if its the breastfeeding, the IUD, or age?  I am still at a loss.  But, all I know is that I am extremely happy to be nursing our sweet chunks while having a protected, unaffected sex life.  Ok, NOT at the same time!  

What changed?  Good question.  No answer from me.  Since everything is the opposite with Colton than with Chayden. With our third (oh I hope!) child, I'm sure everything will be different once again!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I wonder the same things. I dont know if its the BF'ing or my BC. My cycle came back immediately on both children though so you were lucky on the first one! I found your blog through the Breastfeeding Blog Hop and I would love it if you could follow me back at http://hardtimesmom.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to the Breastfeeding Blog Hop! It's interesting how it can be hard to pinpoint what has changed from the first time to the second. I don't envy the cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I am glad to hear that there is some hope. We are in a weird place right now in the 'sex' department. But maybe things will actually get even better :) Found you through the bf'ing blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope we resume the deed soon. I haven't had much desire but glad to hear it doesn't have to be like that after the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey theгe! I've been following your web site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

    My page - uinlo.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stumblеd oveг heгe frοm a dіffeгent website and thought
    I ѕhould check things out. Ӏ liκe what I see so now i
    am following you. Look fоrωaгd to lookіng аt your web pаge foг a seconԁ time.


    Here iѕ my hоmеpagе mouse click the next web page

    ReplyDelete