Thursday, May 26, 2011

{Discussion} MommyTime: Baths


Bath time is not just for kids.  I used to take baths when I was pregnant with Chayden but they never seemed to help soothe and relax me like most adults said it does.  Maybe I was still to young at 21?  I just felt awkward sitting there, alone.  Chayden was born almost 5 years ago.  Since then, I started to take baths since being pregnant with Colton a year ago.  I ended up feeling so relaxed in the tub that I ended up wanting a water birth for Colton.  I did not end up with a water birth in the end because he was going into sciatic arrest (HB:  170's+) so they had to monitor him closely.  I now love to bathe with Colton and take my own baths when the kids are sleeping.  I love to relax in the tub after a tiring day.  Like I said, I don't know what it was before, but I could never relax in the tub.  Maybe it comes with age.  =]
I love to have the hottest water possible with some bath goodies.  Be it bath bombs or bath fizzies, etc.  Just as long as the scent is refreshing, relaxing &/or soothing.  I always have to have a magazine or book to read.  Mostly a trashy romance novel =]  I love bubbles but its not really necessary for me.  Although I think I should add that to my list of goodies.  
I love to bathe in fruity scents the most.  Although I can work with anything.  When I hop out of the tub,  I like to toss on some vanilla lotion for that mixture of a fruity vanilla experience.  This is when I want to feel young and fresh.  Sometimes I want to feel sexier, so I'll toss some rose scented or other musky scent into the tub and finish off out of the tub with Vanilla .. again.  I think Vanilla seems to mesh with most scents.  

Anyways .... Onto you!! Can you answer me some questions?  I'd love to get to know you all a little better =]  Maybe I can learn something from you and your choices.

What are your must have bath time essentials?  For example, do you enjoy candles and soft music in the background?  Maybe a book and oils?  

When in the bath, what scents do you usually prefer?  Do you take those scents with you into your body care like lotions?  Or do you linger onto something else?

Maybe you're the old me and don't ever take baths.  How come?  

Thank you so much! I can't wait to hop in the tub tonight with some bath melts from Bodycare Luxuries on Etsy.  I come out of the tub feeling soft, silky, smooth and ready to relax for the rest of the night. =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment