Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Colton's 9 Month appointment. Not so good, at all =/

Yesterday was Colton's 9 Month. I was SURE he was around 22 lbs. I swore up and down. At his 6 month, we were told that he hadn't gained any weight since he was 2 months old. He was a big boy at 17 lbs. Literally.  Okay, not literally. He was 16 lbs some ounces.  So,
2 months - 16 lbs
4 months - 17 lbs.
6 months - 17 lbs.
He was pretty much off the charts and started to lower himself on the charts. So, we figured out his acid reflux at his 6 month appointment. At 7 months weight gain, he was 19 lbs! He gained 2 lbs in one month. !!! So, we figured, since he was put on meds, a happier baby and now eating as well as nursing, that he was going to be a chunker at his 9 month appointment.
Well, he dropped from 19 lbs down to 17 lbs again. They re-checked him. Colton ended up with blood tests and having a catheter inserted in him. He was screaming the whole time and they got nothing out of him =[ I looked and the Triage nurse had blood on her gloves. I almost fainted, a little.
So, we have to go back in August for a weight check again. As well as another catheter if he didn't gain his weight back.  I don't get it. He eats constantly!
His percentile went from 95% in weight down to 7% !!! In just 2 months. Makes me want to vomit. I want to just hold Colton and figure out whats going on!

8 comments:

  1. He seems like he is a good weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is at a good weight for his age but the thing that is concerning is the fact that he hasn't gained anything at all for 7 months, especially since this is a critical time for him to grow, and instead of gaining, he is loosing. He went from 95% in weight down to 7% in 2 months. Its a sign of kidney failure or, anything really. His dr. said he will call me and let me know the blood results in a few days. =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god! That does sound serious. Don't worry, yet! He looks happy and healthy. Keep me posted on the doctor report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yep. I'll let you know! I hope its nothing! Colton is SO Happy, outgoing, and at the 11 month old milestones. He never has fevers. Ugh, I worried last night and has to cuddle him in my bed, as well as kiss him about 500 times to assure myself =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have sweet boys and they are soooo lucky to have such wonderful, loving parents...keep up the good work. You can see the love in them and that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. thanks! Now I have the urge to nibble on their cheeks. =] Gah, I love my babies more than anything! There are no words to describe it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how worrisome! This is one of the worst parts of being a mama; you know you're doing everything right, so why isn't the little guy gaining weight? I hope everything works out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor Momma and poor babe! Prayers coming your way. I really hope you all figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete