Saturday, July 23, 2011

First hand made Pocket Diaper

Damn it I'm so happy! I finally made a pocket diaper!  I had been putting it off over and over.  It took me 3 hours to do this diaper but I was very slow at the machine.  I kept stopping and re-checking everything. I was so nervous because I wanted this diaper to be useable right from the get go. I felt like, by the end of the top stitching, that this was so easy and that I'm excited to make more!

I just quickly velcro'ed it together for picture sake.  It does come out even, trust me! =]

so soft microchromis against Colton's butt! Still some extra thread hanging around. LOL.

My worse fear was the elastic in the leg area. I contemplated on how I was going to do it.  I think it turned out pretty well.

Anyways, I'm so excited that I caught on so fast and I am seriously looking to make more + more. Still need the practice.  The machine screws with me all the time so I have to keep stopping and recheck everything.  Old ass thing. 
Okay. Its 2:30 am. I better head to bed. Eesh !

6 comments:

  1. great job....make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry. Made previous comment, but my name didn't show up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! I know how to sew...just not enough confidence in myself to attempt something like this! LOL I do knit though and have made wool diaper covers for my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dipe! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! It's a lot more awesome then my first attempt at a cloth diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really fun to make. I'm actually going to get off here and cut some more fabric out if I'm not looking online at more fabric choices =]

    ReplyDelete